What to Know About Oncology Rehabilitation for the Outpatient Clinician - VIRTUAL Course
SPEAKER: Frannie Westlake PT, DPT, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurologic and Oncologic Physical Therapy
This virtual course will allow for the outpatient clinician to evaluate and treat a patient with a history of cancer diagnosis or is currently undergoing cancer treatments. The clinician will understand the various types of cancer treatments and how the side effects may present in their clinic.
At the conclusion of this course, a participant should be able to:
- Review pathophysiology of cancer, prevalence and important statistics.
- Explain techniques used to diagnose, surgically and medically treat cancer.
- Review appropriate exercise prescriptions when treating patients who have a past or current diagnosis of cancer.
- Learn precautions, contraindications and red flags to look for when working with cancer survivors.
- Review of oncologic emergencies, lab values and screening used to determine safety when treating a patient with a history of cancer.
Specific cancers to be covered in this class: prostate, breast, colorectal, pelvic, melanoma, leukemia, lymphoma and head and neck cancer.