2021 APTA Alaska Spring Conference - Introduction to the Fascial Distortion Model
MAY 1, 2021 – 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
INTRODUCTION TO THE FASCIAL DISTORTION MODEL
Speaker: BYRON E PERKINS, DO
4 CONTACT HOURS
Part 1: Introduction to the FDM
- Introduce the Fascial Distortion Model as a diagnostic and treatment modality.
- Gain basic understanding of the model as an anatomic perspective.
- Develop working knowledge of the Six principal types of Fascial Distortions.
- Introduce nomenclature and terminology of the FDM.
- Appreciate historical and international significance of the FDM.
- Present an amazingly powerful tool that can change the way we practice medicine.
Part 2: FDM Approach to the Ankle
- Review common ankle injuries, strains, sprains and fractures.
- Diagnose ankle injuries in the FDM.
- Demonstrate treatment approach to ankle injuries in the FDM.
- Invite Hands-on practicum in the FDM modalities.
This will be a video conference with opportunity for live interaction with the instructor. Demonstrations will be via video of actual patient encounters. Live Hands-on practicum may be limited by COVID19 Pandemic constraints placed by State and local municipality guidelines. Looking forward to sharing this method with our professional colleagues.